Compiled and mixed by Matt Wells (2009)
Part 2 of the “Jaded Lover DJ set trilogy”.
One Night At The Tech-Noir tracks:
01) Green Eyed Love (Classixx Mix)- Meyer Hawthorne
02) Alone- Tennis Hero
03) Down In L.A. (Shazam Remix)- Munk
04) Behind the Mask- Yellow Magic Orchestra
05) Cruel Intentions- Simian Mobile Disco
06) Sweet Harmony- Thomas Mayer
07) Runaway- I.M.S.
08) Hills of Honolulu- Alden Tyrell
09) No One Puts Baby In the Corner- Red White Rose
10) Poison Lips- Vitalic
11) Lemonsweet (Disco Version)- Bagarre
12) Faces- Electric Youth
13) Physical Attraction- Purple Crush
14) Magnetized- Kiko
15) Fantasy Park (Moulinex Remix)- College ft. Anoraak
16) Anthonio (Designer Drugs Remix)- Annie
17) Wake Up, Stop Dreaming- Wang Chung
18) We Are the People (Build Remix)- Empire of the Sun
19) Business Woman- Minitel Rose
20) Alisand (Robot Edit)- Hugh Bullen
21) La Ville Chaude (Johnny Cab Version)- Jaded Lover
22) New Gold Dream- Simple Minds
23) No Reasons (Strokin’ 82 Mix)- Stargroove & Trox
24) Heartbreaker (Kris Menace Remix)- Metronomy
25) Pink Computer- Pink Computer
26) Starlighter (Cyndi Krash Krash Burn Burn Remix)- Jupiter
27) I Wish I Was a Polar Bear (Arctic Urgency Edit)- Ted & Francis
28) The Talking Dead- Weird Tapes
29) You’ve Got the Love (The xx Remix)- Florence and The Machine
30) Apollo-gize (Fred Falke Edit)- Digitalism
31) Why Did You Go? (Jaded Lover’s Little Lord Fauntletron Mix)- Drake
32) And How, Anne (Matt Wells’ Mash-Ups)- Santogold vs. Wax Stag (Bottin’s Discursive Version)
33) Growls Garden- Clark
34) Jackie Junior (Junior Boys Dub)- Sally Shapiro
35) That Sound Wiped- Von Südenfed
36) White Pelt (Instrumental Version)- Jaded Lover
37) One Night At the Raw Deal- Twisted Wires
Matt Wells DJ SETS 24- One Night At The Tech-Noir
Take sexy post-pop from a future past, and shake it up with some disco-punk, synthwave, house, nu-disco, tech, and Italo, and there you have Matt Wells. He deftly melds music styles from your childhood to your present, in an effortlessly smooth fashion — no ham-fisted slamming of the faders here. With two decades of experience behind the turntables, Matt has honed a smooth digital voice all his own.
His gracious musical offerings will summon the rhythm within you, to the tunes you never knew you loved, or the ones you forgot you knew… while many of his contemporaries seem content to float in the treacherous seas of monotony, generically blending boring EDM, Top 40, and mash-ups, Matt pushes forward with his own original productions and remixes that always keep his sound fresh.
As Matt Wells, or by creating productions with his projects Jaded Lover and Such Pretty Losers, Matt will certainly have the floor moving until the sun steals back the day.
“One Night At The Tech-Noir” is another compilation set to solidify Matt Wells’ status as a true conductor of the experiential soundtrack to your reality. Listen, allow yourself be immersed and swept away on this musical trip from which you may never want to return.
Aching for more? Matt Wells’ original music can be found here.
Promo use only. ©+℗ True Mother Records LLC